Mosteiro da Batalha
The Monastery of Batalha (Portuguese: Mosteiro da Batalha), literally the Monastery of the Battle, is a Dominican convent in the civil parish of Batalha, in the district of Leiria, in central region of Portugal. Originally, and officially known, as the Monastery of Saint Mary of the Victory (Portuguese: Mosteiro de Santa Maria da Vitória), it was erected in commemoration of the 1385 Battle of Aljubarrota, and would serve as the burial church of the 15th-Century Aviz dynasty of Portuguese royals. It is one of the best and original examples of Late Gothic architecture in Portugal, intermingled with the Manueline style.
The twenty closest neighbours in the database:
Mosteiro de Alcobaça (18 km), Palácio Nacional de Mafra (91 km), Palácio Nacional de Sintra (107 km), Palácio de Queluz (108 km), Sintra Parks (108 km), Palácio Nacional da Pena (108 km), Lisbon (Portugal) (109 km), Palácio Nacional da Ajuda (111 km), Mosteiro dos Jerónimos (112 km), Porto (Portugal) (168 km), Guimarães (Portugal) (204 km), Braga (Portugal) (213 km), Seville (Spain) (352 km), Santiago de Compostela (Spain) (359 km), Finisterre (Spain) (360 km), Córdoba (Spain) (402 km), Toledo (Spain) (410 km), El Escorial Palace (411 km), Valle de los Caídos (412 km), Cádiz (Spain) (413 km)