The gothic castle chapel was built by end of of the 15. century. It was consecrated in 1485. In 1568 it was remodeled to a protestant chapel. The paintings of the flemish artist Marten de Vos are from this period.
The chapel remained mostly unchanged since then. It is thus one of the most important examples of Northern German sacral art. Therefore it is unfortunately only possible to view it through glass.